Type: High-sensitivity, high-resolution, large single-plate CMOS sensor
Pixels Effective: Approx. 18.0 Megapixels: 5200 (H) x 3462 (V) pixels
Total Pixels: 19.0 Megapixels: 5432 (H) x 3492 (V) pixels
Aspect Ratio: 3:2 (Horizontal: Vertical)
Color Filter System: RGB primary color filters
Low Pass Filter: Fixed position in front of the image sensor
Dust Deletion Feature
(1) Self Cleaning Sensor Unit
· Removes dust adhering to low-pass filter.
· Self-cleaning executed automatically (taking about 2 sec.) when power is turned on or off. Manual execution also possible (taking about 6 sec.).
· Low-pass filter has a fluorine coating.
(2) Dust Delete Data acquisition and appending
· The coordinates of the dust adhering to the low-pass filter are detected by a test shot and appended to subsequent images.
· The dust coordinate data appended to the image is used by the provided software to automatically erase the dust spots.
(3) Manual cleaning
Recording Format: Design Rule for Camera File System 2.0 and EXIF 2.3
Still Image: JPEG, RAW (14-bit Canon Original), M-RAW, S-RAW, RAW+JPEG, M-RAW+JPEG, S-RAW+JPEG
Video: MOV (Image data: H.264; Audio: Linear PCM)
1. Large/Fine: Approx. 17.90 Megapixels (5184 x 3456)
2. Medium/Fine: Approx. 8.00 Megapixels (3456 x 2304)
3. Small 1/Normal: Approx. 4.50 Megapixels (2592 x 1728)
4. Small 2/Fine: Approx. 2.50 Megapixels (1920 x 1280)
5. Small 3/Fine: Approx. 0.35 Megapixels (720 x 480)
6. RAW: Approx. 17.90 Megapixels (5184 x 3456)
7. M-RAW: Approx. 10.10 Megapixels (3888 x 2592)
8. S-RAW: Approx. 4.50 Megapixels (2592 x 1728)
Exact file sizes depend on the subject, ISO speed, Picture Style, etc.
Max. aperture TTL metering with 63-zone SPC with the following selectable modes:
(1) Evaluative metering (linked to all AF points)
(2) Partial metering (center, approx. 6.5% of viewfinder)
(3) Spot metering (center, approx. 2.8% of viewfinder)
(4) Center-weighted average metering
EV 0 to 20 (at 73°F / 23°C with 50mm f/1.4 lens at ISO 100)
Exposure Control Systems
(1) Program AE (shiftable)
(2) Shutter-priority AE (Safety shift possible)
(3) Aperture-priority AE (Safety shift possible)
(4) Manual exposure
(6) Full Auto
(7) Flash Off
(8) Creative Auto
(9) Programmed Image Control modes
* Portrait, Landscape, Close-up, Sports, Night Portrait
(10) E-TTL II autoflash program AE
* Evaluative metering, Averaged metering
ISO Speed Range
ISO 100 - 6400 (in 1/3-stop or whole-stop increments)
· ISO 12800 can be enabled with a Custom Function.
· With [Highlight tone priority], the ISO speed range will be automatically set within 200-6400.
1. In Creative Zone modes, the maximum settable ISO speed (400-6400) will vary within the automatic ISO speed range.
2. If overexposure would occur with fill flash, ISO 100 will be the lowest set.
3. In the
and Basic Zone modes (except Night Portrait), bounce flash will be set automatically within ISO 400-1600 (or maximum ISO speed limit).
Manual: ±5 stops in 1/3 or 1/2-stop increments
AEB: ±3 stops in 1/3 or 1/2-stop increments
* Indicated up to ±3 stops on the LCD panel and in the viewfinder.
(1) Auto AE lock
·In the One-Shot AF mode with evaluative metering, AE lock takes effect when focus is achieved.
(2) Manual AE lock
·With AE lock button. (AE lock is updated each time you press the button.) Enabled in all metering modes.
Type: Eye-level pentaprism
Coverage: Approx. 96% vertically and horizontally (At approx. 22mm eyepoint)
Magnification: Approx. 0.95x / 27.0° (with 50mm lens at infinity, -1 m-1 (diopter))
Eye Point: Approx. 22mm (At -1m-1 from the eyepiece lens center)
Dioptric Adjustment Correction
-3.0 to +1.0m-1 (diopter)
Ef-A provided as the standard focusing screen (Interchangeable. Ef-D: Grid lines, Ef-S: Point of focus)
Quick-return half mirror (transmission: reflectance ratio of 40:60)
· AF information
AF point, focus confirmation, AF status indicator
· Exposure information
Shutter speed, aperture, ISO speed (always displayed), AE lock, exposure level, exposure warning
· Flash information
Flash ready, flash exposure compensation, high-speed sync, FE lock, red-eye reduction light
· Image information
Highlight tone priority (D+), maximum burst (2-digit display), card information
· Battery check
· Electronic level (Horizontal only)
Depth Of Field Preview
Enabled with Depth-of-field preview button
Type: TFT color, Vari-angle LCD monitor (3:2)
Monitor Size: 3.0-inches
Pixels: Approx. 1.04 million dots
Approx. 160° vertically and horizontally
Brightness Control: Adjustable to one of seven brightness levels
25 (English, German, French, Dutch, Danish, Portuguese, Finnish, Italian, Norwegian, Swedish, Spanish,
Greek, Russian, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Romanian, Ukraine, Turkish, Arabic, Thai, Simplified/Traditional Chinese, Korean, Japanese)
Single image display (Two types of single-image full display and two types of shooting information display), Index display (4-image index and 9-image index), Jump display (1/10/100 images, shooting date, by folder, video, stills, rating), AF point display, Histogram (1. Brightness 2. RGB), Magnify zoom display (1.5x to 10x enabled in 15 steps), Rotated display (Manual, Auto) Slide Show (Image selection: Playback according to All images, Date, Folder
Movies, Stills, or Rating; Display time: 1, 2, 3, 5, 10, or 20 sec.; Repeat: Enable/Disable; Transition effect: Off, Slide in, Fade 1, Fade 2)
With single-image display (Info.) and single-image display, overexposed highlight areas will blink|